Staying in a youth hostel in London can be a way to save money. It is quite simple to find a hostel in the British capital.
It is very simple to stay in London in a hostel. You will find, moreover, everywhere in the capital, in the city center as in the suburbs. It is, nevertheless, advisable to make the right choice so that your stay is as pleasant as possible:
- Choose the area closest to your university or place of work.
- Make sure the hostel has computers and Internet access.
- Remember to book in advance.
What are the benefits of the hostel?
The rooms are affordable and offer minimal comfort that can evolve however.
- You can spend a few days as a few weeks.
- Breakfast is often included in the price at night.
- Staying in a hostel will allow you to be surrounded by young people and to make many meetings.
- The rent is sometimes negotiable if one plans to stay several weeks.
- There is no age limit, but remember to find out if you are over 40 years old.
- The disadvantages of the youth hostel
- Pay attention to the size of the rooms. Some of them can accommodate more than ten people!
- Bathrooms and toilets are shared most of the time
- Remember to bring small padlocks to secure your bags when you are not in the room. Avoid lugging your mobile phone or anything of value. You never know!
Where to find youth hostels in London?
The Bayswater neighborhood is certainly the most appropriate. With a good dozen hostels, Bayswater attracts many newcomers. You’ll find it in every neighborhood, including Soho, Willesden Green, Convent Garden, Kensington, and more.
How much is a night in a youth hostel?
The price of a night in a youth hostel in London depends on the length of your stay. It is quite easy to negotiate prices down if you plan to spend more than a week there.
Prices usually start around 30 euros per night, but can reach 100 euros, which is quite affordable compared to the price of a hotel room, about 130 euros.